Critter Gitter has the training, experience, and equipment to provide expert bat removal regardless of the location and challenges presented. We are NWCOA Certified Structural Bat Management Certified. All bats are protected in Saskatchewan, anyone found harming bats will be reported to the Ministry of Environment. Bats play a vital role in a healthy ecosystem and need our help and protection to survive. We stress not sealing entry points until an exclusion plan is in place as this will minimize the risk of bats becoming trapped in the attic or walls. Trapped bats will panic and often find a way to enter the interior of the building.
Bats give birth to one pup in late June or early July depending on the spring weather temperatures. The pups are able to fly within 5 weeks.
WE DO NOT PERFORM ANY EXCLUSION UNTIL THE PUPS ARE ABLE TO FLY AND VENTURE OUTSIDE…..NO EXCEPTIONS.
If a bat is found inside we recommend contacting the Ministry of Health and they will determine if it should be submitted for rabies testing.
Interesting bat facts.
– bats can live for over 30 years
– sleep up to 20 hours per day
– are the only mammals with the ability to fly
– one bat can eat thousands of flying insects nightly, sometimes more than their own body weight.
– produce a “honking” sound to avoid mid-air collisions with other bats